The Great Kansas Journey

Hey everybody, this is Jonas. My mom and dad said I could take this one so here's my report on our latest adventure. We ALL went through Kansas on a big car trip to visit people and make some new friends. It was a lot of fun to see new people and especially the toy collections they had. Every place we stopped had different things to play with, but daddy said I couldn't touch some of the things. He kept saying stuff like fire, glass, and stairs whenever he said no. There were still lots of things to see and do though.



Lucy had lots of fun at our first stop and great grandma and grandpa's in Kansas City. She even pulled herself up so she could see over the side of her playpen. Mommy and daddy said she was looking for mischief.




She almost got eaten alive by the ottoman in Topeka! But, I didn't care because there was another little boy to play with there. Besides, she was laughing anyway. Daddy saved her, so she'll be in more pictures later.



Driving in Kansas can be lots of fun, we saw a bunch of snow and it took a long time to get to Clay Center. But it was worth it because we got to meet another new friend.



Hannah and her mommy let Lucy and I try on some of their hats from another country! It was really neat and there were a lot of fun toys to play with here.


Daddy and I rode on the snowmobile at yet another friends house. It was kind of scary because it was loud, but I had fun when we rode on the sled behind it. Brrrrrrr.


Lucy wanted to come and play in the snow, but mommy said no. Ha Ha Ha. She had to wait inside.










I got pretty bored in the car at times, so I decided to try my hand at photography. Somehow I talked mommy into letting me have the camera. It's a lot harder than it looks!


Mommy and daddy said they had fun talking to friends and meeting new people. They said they were very thankful for the hospitalality...um, horsepitality... er, hospitality of everyone they met with. We were all glad when we could sleep in our own cribs, but I am glad I got to go and I'm not as afraid to talk to people as I used to be.


Mommy and Daddy also said they were thankful that God kept us all safe and sane after spending nearly 20 hours and over 1,000 miles in the car. Whew, they must have been crazy thinking Lucy or I would like that part!


May God bless you,

Ben dba Jonas











































Comments

Popular Posts