God's little blessing...............

After we had Miles we thought we were being called to overseas missions and with my health issues during pregnancy my doctor advised us that conceiving in a third world country could be fatal. So we decided since it was unwise we would permanently prevent that from happening. A few months later God changed our plans and opened a door for stateside missions and Ben would fly back and forth overseas. Now that we were not going overseas we reconsidered our previous decision and  decided to undo it. The cost of undoing our decision was something we could not afford until we were able to find a Christian doctor in OK who did the procedure as a ministry and charged considerably less. At the same time we were going back to the Midwest to see family and attend a family wedding.  So in September 2015 we had the surgery done. Many months passed and we did not conceive and  we were sad. We had trusted God and did what we thought he had planned and walked through each open door but still nothing. In April Ben and I had the opportunity to go overseas with MFI . We were a bit concerned about the health risks of this but trusted God he would protect us during this time if we were to get pregnant. Ben and I joked that maybe God was giving us this trip because he knew that I would not be able to go overseas for a long time due to a pregnancy. It seemed in the past every time we scheduled a trip overseas for me I got pregnant. After we returned home I was feeling tired and a bit sick, worried I had possibly got sick on the trip we waited it out. Shortly after though we were happy to find out I was actually pregnant. We are expecting our fourth little blessing in December of this year. We still plan to travel back to the Midwest to connect to our family and supporters but continue to pray for safety and health for our whole family and praise God as we do for our newest family member
.
Sometimes as a family we thrive and sometimes we survive. Please pray as our family survives this pregnancy. I am struggling with morning sickness and so I have cut back a lot in my energy levels. I am happy when at the end of the day when the kids and Ben are fed and the kids still tell me they are enjoying their summer break as I lay on the floor.  I have two weeks to go before I end my first trimester and pray it goes quickly. During this time I have a lot on my plate as we get ready for deputation  . So if you could please pray that I could not only survive but thrive during this time.  We are excited to see each one of you very soon .

Comments

Popular Posts