The Great Pumpkin

A lot of kids around the age of two have a favorite blanky or animal that travels everywhere they go. I'm sure there is a scientific term for this, but I wonder if there is a term for carrying produce with you.

Last night, we went to a local churches fall/halloween fling. While there, the frog, who will from here forward be called Jonas, comandeered a little white pumpkin at the decorating table. He didn't win any prizes, I guess black magic marker scribbles and random stickers don't even cut it in the toddler category, but the pumpkin seemed to win his heart.

He carried it around with him at times through the day, tried taking bites out of it, and even insisted on taking a bath with it. But we didn't know the extent of his pumpkin love until when asked by Caroline to pick a stuffed animal to sleep with he picked, you guessed it, a little white pumkin. So, as I write this and ponder where his love affair with fall produce comes from, he is singing himself to sleep and I am sure giving his little white pumpkin a great big bear hug.

Now if I can only think of how to tell him about what happens to vegetables after awhile...

Comments

Popular Posts