Mother' s Day blog

I started to write this blog on Mother's Day but as motherhood would have it , I just got a chance to finish it . I am often asked what I do while Ben is at MMS and here is a poem that will help to explain that. --Caroline


"A Mother's Day"


It's late at night and I'm head'n to bed,

The dishes aren't done, my eyes they look red.

My joints are hurt'n, I'm bushed as can be,

The laundry's not folded and I can barely see,

Slipping on toys, "Ouch!" that hurt my back,

I'm com'n undone by the sleep that I lack.

Our baby girl is finally asleep,

I try hard not to make a peep,

I turn off the light,

And to my husband, I quietly whisper ,"Goodnight."

I pull back the blanket and curl up inside,

When in he comes, eyes open wide,

He climbs on the bed jumps up and down,

Then cries for a snack, all those tears; I will drown,

So I must get up to get him a snack,

I made him a sandwich, he didn't eat half,

A mess on the table, "Oh well," I thought,

I'll clean it in the morning; I'll then do alot,

I make my way back to the bedroom just when,

He yells, "Mommy pee pee again,"

While telling myself I'll miss all this fun,

For soon they'll be grown, and out on their own,

I'll be lucky to hear their voices on the phone,

I crawl in to bed when I hear the loud ring,

I can't be , not yet, it just can't be that thing,

I glance at the clock,

I see it is morning , the alarm is going tick tock,

But no alarm I need,

For two crying babes I now have to feed.




Comments

Popular Posts