Projects


The last few months have been busy months for our family. It started on January 28th with the birth of Miles and has been a whirlwind of activity since then. Posted on our fridge I have a long term to do list that usually takes about three weeks to complete one task unless they are time sensitive. But I as began to look back over the last few months I realized each family members have projects or tasks they are working on individually .So I thought I would show a few pictures of these as well as update you on these.
Ben- He is busy working in the hangar as well as studying and keeping up with the financial side of things at home. He also does a great job helping me with the kids so I can get a few things done in the evening. 
Me- My projects have recently focused around the kids an our family. I started by working on putting together a preschool curriculum that was boy friendly. After looking at many workbooks ect. I was disatisfied with the lack of hands on approach and went to working on my own. This project has two folds hopefully. One is that by the time i finish it hopefully Miles will benefit from it and second it is a long term to dream to see it come to print. 
The second project I have been working on is a barbie house for Lucy. Ben recently bought Lucy some 25 cent barbies at Goodwill and as these dolls came without clothing . My first task was to clothe them them second to find them a home. So that lead me to giving up my bookshelf that my parents bought me in college. My mom made me a barbie doll house when I was young and I wanted the same thing for Lucy. 
Jonas- He has been growing by leaps and bounds in his lego building capabilities . He used to watch Ben make them and then play with them . But recently he has changed focus to following the directions and building them himself. We ask him from time to time what he wants to be when he gets older and he says a person who builds homes. I would not put it past him, his following instruction pamphlets skills are better than mine. He also seems to be mechanically inclined which is not surprising. Last night at dinner he told Ben I want to build houses, so see we are alike because we build things but I will someday use wood for my houses and you use plastic and metals for yours. 
Lucy- Is really growing up and I at times I think it is hard for her to try to keep up with her older brother as we have recently found her napping a second time after dinner after a hard day of playing with Jonas. She is starting to show a girly side to her as she is in love with Dora and Barbie and for this I am pleased because Ben would not mind if she did not like girly things at all if he had his way. So I am glad to see the instinctual and mothering side of me coming off on her. She is learning how to play soccer and is cute to see but enjoys the social side of soccer but it is hard to keep a conversation going for too long as the person tends to run off rather quickly. Jonas has also taking to coaching her on the soccer field and we often see them running hand in hand around the field. 
Miles Lee- He is working on rolling over and from to time has accomplished sleeping through the night . He is almost 15 lbs so working on growing bigger than Lucy before long. Just the other day they had the same size of pants on , Lucy had them on for capris and he pants.
sorting colored fruit loops and graphing them

sorting uno cards by color and number




sorting by shape and color

unicycle lego man

coloring easter eggs


EAster egg hunt at church

Miles Lee 8 weeks old

Jonas being goalie and Lucy coming to say hi

Lucy kicking he soccer ball in her first soccer game

no more naked barbie , a dress I made out of a pair of Lucy's old tights

the living room on the bottom floor of the bookshelf almost done

Comments

Popular Posts