New Baby

Last Friday, Ben and I found out that we will be having another son. The discussion of whether or not we were going to have a boy or girl had been a big topic in our house for the last few months, as Jonas wanted a boy and Lucy wanted a girl. During the ultrasound Jonas kept saying to the doctor, "Is it a boy? Is it a boy? Is it?" He finally responded with, "Yes it is a boy." At that time I looked at Lucy who now hand her face buried in her hands shaking her head. Thinking she would get over it , I tried talking to her about it once again when we went back to the waiting room , I said , " Lucy are you excited about a new brother?" She said , " I don't want to talk." She then walked off to the play area and stayed there until we left a few minutes later. We then went to the hospital to go on a tour of the labor and delivery area. Ben and I were both pleased and impressed with the setup. Thankfully I will have my own room and Ben can stay with me the whole time. About halfway  through our hospital tour though I became aware that Jonas was confused as to why we where there, when he said, " Mom after they cut the baby out you can borrow my tape to stick your tummy back together." We then laughed and said that the baby is not coming yet but thanks for the offer. We are excited to see our new son in late January and thankful that so far everything has been looking normal. Please continue to pray that I will make it to full term and avoid preeclampsia a 3rd time.

Comments

  1. Funny story about Lucy! Guess she REALLY wanted a sister, huh! Sounds like only one kid was going to be happy w/ the outcome anyway. :) Interesting how they both wanted a same gender sibling. I am sure that once this new guy arrives, she will enjoy "mothering" her baby brother. :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts