Update on all four of us

We have been very busy lately and sometimes forget that many of you who do not see or talk to us frequently miss out on many little or big things that are going on in our lives. So, I thought I would briefly update you on each one of us starting from the youngest to the oldest in our family.

Lucy- I can now say about 50 words. My favorite toys are my baby dolls and I love my new baby stroller I got for Christmas. I have gained two pounds and grown 1 inch in 2 months. Mommy had to buy me new clothes because I have grown to tall for most of the ones that I started the winter with. Jonas recently taught me how to make a snow angel but I should have paid closer attention because on my first attempt I tried face first and ended with snow down my snowsuit and had to go inside to warm up. I love to dance and Jonas is my favorite dance partner. We hold hands and spin in circles until we get dizzy and fall over. I have started attending nursery at church but I still don't like it that much, daddy says it is better for everyone though.

Getting ready to go sledding at a friend's house.
Our largest amount of snowfall this winter. A picture of our front deck.
I'm getting ready for school time.
I found mommy's hat and was trying it on for size.
Jonas - " Me do it," is what I tell mommy and daddy a lot. They bought me big boy underwear recently and I wanted Toy Story but they said they were too much so I had to compromise with soccer balls instead. I am still doing home school preschool with mommy everyday. On Tuesdays mommy home schools a little girl, Abigail, who is my age and we enjoy learning together. I recently took a test on my colors and passed and will begin my shape unit next week. On Thursday afternoons I get to join the big kids at the local elementary school and have speech there. My teacher Mrs. A is really nice and she has lots of fun games to play with.  On Tuesday evenings mommy and daddy take Lucy and I to story time at the local library where we read some books and then do a craft.  Ever since I turned three I have started attending childrens church and I am in the 3-5 year old class. I enjoy learning about Jesus and recently found out that God made everything. I also look forward to the Spring soccer season.

Weather time during school, this can keep me very busy most days, as the weather in Ohio changes very quickly.

Calendar time during school with the calendar Grandpa and Grandma Fisher sent me in a Highlight magazine.
Making one more mess before bedtime.
Ben- I recently spent the last few Saturdays painting our bedroom and as a result Caroline and I spent that time sleeping on the futon in our guest bedroom/office/man cave. Caroline wants to send out her condolences to anyone who has spent a night or more on that "bumpy, lumpy, and overall uncomfortable" bed as she describes it. We are thankful to have that project done and everything back to normal.

At the airport I have been bouncing around between a few different projects for the past two weeks as we finished up the Cessna 402 and saw it off this past week, installed new GPS antennas on a KingAir 200, installed some avionics and did cosmetic repairs on a Cessna 172, and started preparing wiring harnesses for the Cessna 207 avionics installation trip to Zambia. It's fun to see the insides of different planes, but even better when they go back to service when finished.

C-207 audio system wiring harnesses built for Zambia trip

The Cessna 402 project was a multiple year project that everybody was glad to see take to the skies again. I got the privilege of helping with the return to service flight and had a blast doing it. There is a lot of power in those engines and the experience of a new engine break in and then fine tuning the props, turbochargers, and fuel settings was really neat to help with.



Caroline- This past month has been a busy one, mainly with family obligations but I have also had some leadership tasks as well outside the home. A couple weeks ago I lead the missionary wives meeting and spoke on Psalms 139. Also I have spent a few Sundays teaching Jonas' children's church class. We also enjoy opening our home up to guests and have company about every weekend. The weekend before Ben's birthday we had a surprise party for Ben and we had around 45 in attendance. I recently realized I needed to keep an active teaching license to teach on the mission field, so I have enrolled in a Masters Class at Trinity Baptist University and after this I will be able to apply for ASCI ( Association of Christian  Schools International ) certification. This type of certification will be easier to update and keep current while teaching on the field, than my Missouri's state license. I am also still busy with the apprentice wives training through MMS and various other things the wives are responsible for.

We hope you enjoyed this update and we greatly appreciate you,

In His love,
Ben, Caroline, Jonas and Lucy










Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts