My best friend...

I have two loves in my life. One is the God who created me . The second is the family he has blessed with me with , in particular my husband , Ben.
I often times talk to people about my children and never mention a word to them about the person who helped to make those children possible. I am so thankful for my husband and have been reflecting up on our life together and the adventures God has brought before us and how blessed I am to have Ben right by my side.
People used to tell me when I was dating Ben, " Ben is such a nice guy , " and the statement still holds true today . My husband is the guy who will get up at 4 :30 in the morning and work all day and still come home and wrestle with our children and read them bible stories.
He is the same guy who I have witnessed first hand picking up strangers and driving miles out of his way to help them out. He is the guy who when we were first married gave a stranger his only gloves and spent half a winter waking up early to clean off his wife's windshield and ended up with chapped and dry hands all while not mentioning a word to anyone. He is the guy who will pick up our little girl and twirl her in the air and say to her , "Lucy , you are the prettiest little girl in the world. "
He is the same guy whose tears I felt on my cheek when we were told that our third child we were going to miscarry. He is also the same guy who recently got down a dirt floor and played legos with Haittain children while helping to deliver supplies to an orphanage. I know it may sound like I am bragging about my husband and I am . I am just very thankful for my best friend and I wanted our supporters to know I am thankful that they give up their money so that my husband can help  his family and others draw closer to the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts