In need of prayer

Last week the doctor called to inform me that I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Knowing that my grandpa and dad both have diabetes I was not surprised but knew I would have to be very careful.

Here are a few things that I now have to do :

  • Have no sugar at all
  • eat six small meals a day with very small amounts of carbohydrates
  • check my glucose level four times a day 
  • go to the doctor more frequently
  • eat as much protein as I can handle 
  • if I can not control my glucose levels I will have to take a glucose reducing pill one time a day 
  • be careful that the diabetes does not lead to another bout of preclampsia which it very well could. 
  •  exercise an hour a day --who with toddlers has enough energy or time for that ? Still working that one out.
Please pray as I am very discouraged at this point in time and most times I am still hungry after I eat my quota. Most of all though pray for our little Miles, I don't want to harm him in anyway and want him to come out healthy in eight weeks.
Also, please pray for wisdom as I plan things out and wisdom for my doctor in knowing what to do.

Comments

Popular Posts