Trust in the Lord


I am one who likes to keep most of my deep thoughts and anxieties to myself but to help you get a better picture of this missionary life we will be embarking on I decided to share.



First of all my missionary adventure started before I even left home. In my senior year of high school I decided I would go to college to be a missionary teacher or if that did not work out than I would teach at Immanuel Mission in Arizona and skip going to college. I truly only wanted to go to college to be a missionary teacher. 

Fast forward three more years and I met Ben who had a love of flying but was unclear what to do with it. 

When I mentioned to him I would date him if he was willing to do the missionary life, he immediately jumped on board. Soon after we got married and for the last 6 ½ years we have been straining toward that goal. We have been blessed with no college debt, cheap flight time, ad three years of teaching experience as well as other free training, which leads us up this week and being at JAARS for additional training for Ben.

I guess being at JAARS this week has helped me to better see the big picture and come to grips with our lives are soon to change drastically. I have been so consumed the last few years with taking care of Jonas and Lucy and I barely have had moments to ponder the future and look back over our past. 
 Here are some future plans that we are looking at although we know God can change them to whatever he wants.

Here are some tentative future plans:

  •  In about 9-10 weeks we will welcome our second son into the world. We will then be parents of three kids under the age of five. 
     

    •  In June Ben will finish up his hours and if he feels ready he will take several tests to certify him  as a A&P mechanic. 
    • Towards  the end of June I will need to travel to SIL in Dallas for a two week training course for teachers.
    • Then possibly sometime this summer Ben will come to JAARS to take his Technical Evaluation for both being a pilot and mechanic. When he is finished with that we will then be able to move to JAARS for 6 months of training.
    • After completing JAARS training here in the states we will then be sent for 6 months overseas of language training. After this we will then arrive at our new home.
    When I try to ponder all the little details this will involve I become overwhelmed and so repeatedly I have to quote, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your understanding…”

    Along the way there are things we have learned to be thankful for…

    • Both sets of parents that are Christians and even if they are sad , encourage us to go
    • Supporters who have faithfully given to us. 
    •  New experiences for our children and the opportunity to travel.
    • New friends at each new step of the journey.
    • Our God given talents that coincide so well together for Ben and I.

    Hopefully this has given you a few prayer requests and a better understanding of where we are headed.

    Comments

    Popular Posts